Old Wife at the Crossroads
Jul29

Old Wife at the Crossroads

Seated at an extra large family meal this weekend my mother raised her voice amidst the cacophony of visiting grandchildren and neighborhood construction to tell us that allergies change every seven years. True or not, it is an engaging suggestion. One which is an adult equivalent of “try a least a bite of everything on your plate – you might like it.” Because we all know it is too easy to label ourselves, to cling to what was...

Read More
Taboo, A Supernatural Threat
Jun03

Taboo, A Supernatural Threat

I’m going to be honest – I wasn’t that excited about the topic of taboo. Because of course there are taboos we most likely agree on (jeez, I hope) –  like incest, necrophilia, cannibalism, pedophilia, bestiality. Then there are ones that I know get plenty of folks hot behind the ears…but are filed under ‘live and let live’ where I come from – like homosexuality, intermarriage, adultery, abortion. And...

Read More
More True than Life
Apr15

More True than Life

Conversations in Going Deeper Musing on Legend As often happens, percolating on an article, I encountered three quotes…and at their intersection – exactly what I would like to talk to you about today – which is this: Your Legend is even more True than Your Life. I’ll start explaining by hoisting up my first quote by Isabel Allende who began a 2007 Tales of Passion Ted talk by saying, “There’s a Jewish saying...

Read More
Set Yourself in Motion
Mar11

Set Yourself in Motion

Conversations in Going Deeper Musing on Revolution My muse just loves to wriggle in and put her feet up in between the definitions for words…and she’s tickled pink about the possibilities for Revolution! Revolution noun 1 a forcible overthrow of society in favor of a new system or a dramatic and wide-reaching change in the way something works or is organized and in people’s ideas about it. 2 motion in a circular course...

Read More
Backbends at the Threshold
Feb06

Backbends at the Threshold

Conversations in Going Deeper Musing on Manifestation Manifestation is a curious word. Coming from the Latin manus “hand” + festus of fendere “strike” same as, of course, manifesto. As if with a strike of our hand and a well turned phrase we could declare what we’d like and it would fall at our feet – solid and true. It doesn’t quite work like that…except in those rare times when it does. And we humans, at...

Read More
Can You See Me?
Jan28

Can You See Me?

Can You See Me? by Michelle Fairchild One of the more powerful and moving experiences of my life was at a Cosmic Cowgirl member conference two years ago.  One of our leading members, Carmen Baraka, led us through a beautiful ceremony that involved each of us standing face-to-face with another member, while holding hands and gazing into one another eyes.  The words we then spoke from the heart were “I see you....

Read More